Friday, November 25, 2011

Day Seventeen

We started this day off at 12:00 a.m., doing some black Friday shopping, at Target. Yes, I am officially one of those idiots.  We only went for Tim's birthday present: an Xbox.
But, it didn't start well at all.  We got there over an hour early and the line was wrapped around the parking lot.  Okay, well, I would just wait in the car with Carson while Tim stood it out.  I unlocked the doors so I could move to the driver's side, got out and went over, then tried to open the door and it was locked.  Um, Panic.  So I went back to the passenger side and that was locked too. Here is the thing though, I DOUBLE checked that the driver's side was unlocked before I even opened my door and as far as I know, the car has never automatically locked.  I'm just wondering if I hit lock out of habit when I got out, but I don't remember doing so, and I can't picture myself doing it.  This has been one of my fears since, forever.  I never did it with Sehara. Thank God that Tim's mom has AAA for us.  The funniest thing about the whole situation is that while we were figuring out our game plan, before Tim got out of the car, I had passed gas and it stank something ferocious.  I cracked the window and never rolled it back up.  Just an inch or so.  So, that's the best thing, because the AAA guy didn't have to jimmy our car and ruin the locks and the car vented out the almost full blasting heat during those 30 minutes of torture. 
After the fact Tim wanted to go home.  Heck no, no way.  I'm sorry, but what a waste of adrenaline. I made him get in line with me and the baby (well covered) and we kicked butt and got what we needed.  After everything, it was worth it.  We saved so much money on that XBox and if we hadn't gotten it we would have been so depressed. I mean, not only that, but they had great deals on some movies!
We got home probably around 3 a.m. and I slept until almost 12, waking up to feed Carson.  Ugh, but something about the day really flared my anxiety.  And then I had a good hour where I couldn't handle anything because Tim changed plans while I had been waiting already and that was a bad situation.
We enjoyed a nice visit at Melanie's, kinda helping her get ready for her dinner, which was fabulous.
So, here I am, I have been home and I have taken a nap and I have woken up in time to write this blog and have it post later.