Tuesday, May 31, 2011

24 Week Baby Bump

I meant to take a 23 week picture because 23 weeks is a milestone into the 6th month and the last month of the second trimester (yay!!) but I never felt like doing it.  It was a rough and depressing week.
24 weeks, 2 days
 SO here I am, halfway into my 24th week and I'm ready to talk about it. :)  I am experiencing a lot of anxiety and sadness lately.  Really, when you think about it, it's probably to be expected with being in a new town, finding completely new doctors, getting Sehara's schedule set, meeting my new family and becoming friends with them.  Oh, and going to church on Wednesdays and twice on Sundays, getting to know those folks.  Mostly, the biggest problem I am having is keeping my blood sugar up.  It's a balance and I can't figure it out.  I know that I do very well if I eat eggs, turkey bacon, and a slice or two of toast and then wait until 11:30 to eat anything sweet.  After that I can't figure it out, or it all gets screwed up if I don't eat the eggs.  I don't get it.  I can't have sugar too early, but then if I wait I get so sick.  Really, if that's it, if that is the worst thing about being pregnant, then I will take it.  Because think about all those who can't even eat without medicine every day.  That would stink.  The one other thing that just popped up the day before yesterday is... *drum roll*... back pain.  My back doesn't really ever hurt.  I do have hip and neck problems and occasionally feel the need to pop my back, but I'm getting uncomfortable. 
The best(est) thing about pregnancy is feeling my little baby boy move.  In one of the books I am reading it shows a picture of what he looks like in the uterus, and he's already running out of room.  I can tell too, his movements are STRONG.  Sehara wasn't this hardcore about kicking me around. When I sit down, he is all in my ribs.  It is definitely a different feeling, and like I just said, Sehara didn't go near my ribs at all, that I can remember.  I feel like I am getting to know him.  I know that will all change when he's here, but it's nice to know that I have a head start before I have to share him with the world.
Okay, so I am reading out of three books.  The first is "What To Expect When You're Expecting", the second is "Mayo Clinic: Guide To A Healthy Pregnancy", and the third is "Your Pregnancy week by week".  The last two I am borrowing from my cousin Melanie.  Whenever I refer to what I have read, it's come from these books.  Well, and maybe some websites...
I have my first OB/GYN appointment with my new OB this Friday.  I'm secretly wishing that he does a get-to-know-you ultrasound, but I will not hold my breath on that.  He said he will have to examine me this visit and I welcome that.  I interviewed him a few weeks ago and I think I really like him.  Time shall tell.  This is not going to be our last baby, so... I'll be needing him in the future.

No comments: