Friday, May 20, 2011

Tim's Graduation

How Handsome!!
Tim's Graduation went great!  Here are a few photos from that event!  All went well, mostly the whole family came, and the ceremony wasn't too boring.  I didn't like the guest speaker, but I think I'm too young at this point to appreciate the speakers just yet.  His accent was too strong for me.  Just didn't understand him... though I did hear a few people say they really enjoyed his speech, which is great!
We followed the graduation with a large dinner at Carrabba's.  I loved the food, but I will not go back there.  I called ahead two weeks before and said 20-30 people would eat there from our family, and they put down 20+, and that works, but then they only had 20 seats ready... excuse me??  To top that off, we called for directions, and FOUR times, got the wrong directions.  I seriously had an anxiety attack and had to sit out in the bathroom for a good while to calm down. Not my idea of fun. 
While we are both extremely excited to have Bachelor degrees, we probably won't support, or give back, to Berea College. Yes, we did get a great education for much less $$ than any other school, but we have both faced too many hardships at the school to even consider (at this point) to support them.  The icing on the cake was yesterday, matter-of-factly... well, besides them forgetting to order Tim's degree in time for graduation.  He turned in the application 2 years ago, when he declared his major, but this last semester, they kept nagging him to turn it in.  He didn't understand because he had already done it.  So, he turns in another one and they STILL get on him for not submitting it.  Finally, he just emails this guy and told him he had already done it twice.  They find it, but don't have it ready for him.  Anyway, for that icing, Tim forgot, along with not having the money, to buy Windows 7 for his laptop through the bookstore.  They offer it and another disc for an extremely low price.  Well, he realized this only yesterday and called up there to see if he could give his money information over the phone and have them mail it.  The Bookstore told him that they were sorry, but since he graduated on Sunday he was no longer a student and they will not sell it to non-students.  Umm, really??  How about since he still does not have his degree, you can hand it over?  I don't understand the politics behind that but it sure doesn't seem that they are building good alumni-relations.  Bummer for you guys because we hope to be successful in life and we won't be sharing it with you!

1 comment:

@Bytchenhotelgrl said...

Sweetheart, there's no "hope" about it! I know in my heart you both WILL be successful, and there's no doubt about that!!