Saturday, January 14, 2012

I've Been Sick I Tell Ya, SICK.

And I am sick of being sick.
I have been laid up in bed for TWO days. Two of them. This is horrible. Started Friday, 3 a.m., with diarrhea. Yes, the lovely runs have come to get me again. That didn't go away for a few hours. My tailbone started getting more sore and sore until I just couldn't move anymore...except to the bathroom because there is no way this girl is pooping herself. It's bad enough that I pee myself more and more.  We blame this on having a baby. "We" as in the angry me and the understanding me.

Turns out that I really don't feel good. I got up a few times during the day so I wouldn't feel isolated. I started to feel better that night. The diarrhea had subsided, my belly felt better, my tailbone wasn't too bad, so I cooked a little something something that reminds me of Papaleno's in Berea, and waited for Tim's arrival from work.

This morning, things took a turn for the worse. Diarrhea was full scale X's a kerbillion back, I literally couldn't move to get out of bed to do my business. Except, well, like I said, this girl ain't poopin herself so I was able to miraculously maneuver myself around Tim and Carson and to the bathroom.  I mean, this is phenomenal ish! It's a masterpiece of poops. Every 2-3 minutes I was back in the bathroom having my diarrhea. I still, to this moment, wonder where all that came from.  I literally lost 5 lbs in 2 hours.  FIVE POUNDS, Y'ALL.  Of course, I never complain when I have diarrhea because I would rather have diarrhea any day than be constipated. This is true.

I would like to add that on my list of things to never mix with each other, #2 is diarrhea with an extremely sore tailbone (and randomly, #3 is sweet pickles and dill pickles in a jar, together, gross, don't do it, ever!).

Back to my diarrhea... Well, I lost my appetite mostly, my will to drink anything, and I felt nauseous quite frequently.  Thank God that Tim was off work today. I wouldn't have been able to be anything worthwhile if he didn't pick up the slack. I did manage to gulp down a HUGE bottle of water and a Diet Dr. Pepper, take some vitamins, and an iron pill (because you know those things stop you up) along with a few Tylenol (didn't do squat) and some ibuprofen. That worked wonders.  I ate a little too, because hungry and nauseous don't mix well either. My mouth got so dry today, yesterday, last night. Whenever it was. It doesn't even matter. All the while I am trying to FIGURE OUT WHAT DAY IT IS. Seriously feels like a Sunday coming up today. But I think today is Saturday.

But, someone tell me why at 1 a.m., I'm starting to feel pretty good. Like I could go jog. But I won't do that, have you looked outside lately? I'm not into pain.  Well, and my belly starts hurting when I think about doing that.

I think I have been poisoned. If I could imagine what food poisoning feels like, this would be it. Besides the tailbone, that's been coming a while.

No comments: