Friday, April 8, 2011

Sickness

My mom took Sehara to the beach for spring break and just in time, too.  A day after she's gone I started feeling a tickle in my throat and for me that means Strep Throat -8 out of 10 times.  That night was horrible.  All night I kept waking up because my throat was on fire and I must swallow when I sleep because that was the worst feeling EVER...and I had to work the next day.  Great. 
So, Thursday Tim wakes me up to take him to work and ugh... I felt like crap.  A little later I had to go in work as well.  I got there and they took one look at me and basically told me to leave and go to the doctor.  I went home and called the doctor, and they got me in.  Turns out, being pregnant I can't do much except lay down, take Tylenol and drink buckets of water if it's a virus.  The strep test came back negative but they sent if off to the lab to be 100% sure.  My doctor told me to stay in bed for two days.  At this point, my throat feels almost fine so I know it's not strep; which means it's the virus. {insert great news-- I still weigh in at 124/125 lbs, even though I look 130-135!!!}
I don't know how I made it to Richmond yesterday and I definitely don't know how I made it back to Berea, but as soon as I picked Timothy up I was done.  I couldn't even walk by myself.  The worst part was getting hungry because I know that if I don't eat when I'm hungry the chances of me throwing up increase significantly. 
So the night passes and I wake up with no sore throat and my face felt fine (it hurt like crazy from pressure) but the only problem was my head and now my husband is sick.  I can't sit up without my head spinning, can barely roll over.  When Tim gets sick, he just gets a little sore throat and a huge headache, even when he had the swine a few years back.  That was at 8:00 a.m., and now, at 4:00 p.m., we are to the point where we can sit up. :) Seems it is getting better.  I have really strayed from taking any medication since I found out we were expecting, but the Tylenol was a must today.  My OB/GYN actually said "no" to it during the first trimester, but we're in the clear now.
Anyway I keep spacing out and I'm getting incredibly hungry again so... until next time.

No comments: