Monday, April 18, 2011

A New Perspective?

Maybe so... I have never really been good at answering the phone and texts and I honestly just thought that was one of the things that made me who I am, but today I overheard my manager talking to Charter Foods people, in no way about me, that he couldn't stand when people don't answer the phone and that it was just plain rude.  I hope that's not what people think about me when I don't answer because I don't do it to be rude.
Actually, my personal philosophy is that I have my phone on me for 2 reasons: Sehara & Tim.  Now this has to extend to include my family because they are paying for it... BUT if I'm at work, driving, at home, on a date (okay, this list includes all of my time) then I don't feel obligated to respond.  I will glance at the phone every now and again to make sure Sehara's school/daycare or Tim hasn't called so I DO see when other people text or call me but by the time I get off work, I'm driving, getting Tim and kids, cooking, etc., and I just don't remember to check it again.
Tim is so much better at it.  He EVEN answers calls from unknown numbers.  So, sometimes, it's just best to call him.  
I'm going to try to work on this.  Maybe I do need to connect more with family and friends.

**I wrote this last night, but this morning I thought of another new perspective: Tim.
Sehara has been my number 1 priority since I was pregnant with her. Always.  To this day, granted I've only been married 2 months and with Tim several more months than that, I still say that she is #1, then I catch myself or think about it later and realize; you know, Tim is my priority too and how unfair that I have promised him to be by his side forever and he doesn't get that spot.  Fact is, he simply can't take it alone.  Seems that (as of right now) they have to share.  So, my number 1 priority is my FAMILY.

Oh, crap.  Hold on... isn't God supposed to be #1?  Oops, well... (haha) let's just make it clear that other than Him, my family is ( I don't know if this is a true statement because I am working on it).

No comments: