Monday, April 11, 2011

Happy Monday!

You know, Monday used to be my absolute favorite day of the week!  I woke up at 6:30 to get Sehara (and roommate's kiddo) up and ready (okay, really, they get themselves ready, I just stand there and make sure they are on schedule) and I felt really good. Wow...I haven't felt this awake since my last semester in college. Seriously.  Maybe this will continue?

Well, I have good work news!  After arguing a few more times with my manager AND acting like a 5-year-old and ignoring his every word (works every time), he FINALLY apologized to me and I to him (for the ignoring thing, lol) and he has treated me with respect since.  Now, we've only worked one day together in this week and I'm prepared to take into account mood-swing days--on both parts and other days like that, but I will not accept disrespect and being talked down to.

I have today off and I have no intentions of going anywhere near there today, or answering the phone if they happen to call (not likely because they know how sick I have been lately), DECLINE!!!


I tried changing my name on my bank account today and it turns out that I am not able to without closing it.  This is all because I opened it when I was 17 years old and my mom had to be on the account as the adult.  If I change my name on it, she has to sign a card too, and if I try to take her off: I can't.  I have to close that account and open another one.  I can't put Tim on it without him there (duh), but I wouldn't be able to anyway because my mom's on it too.  SOOO, they said in order for me to change my name for now I had to promise to close the account when I moved.  Well, that sucks but I suppose it's for the better.  There isn't even a branch in Ohio so I'll just have Tim put me on his account at his credit union (I hear they're better anyhoo).


Another big thing happening is that we have been looking into more healthy foods.  Like is organic really better for you or what are GM foods, and do they really impact a persons health, or even- are just regularly grown fruits and vegetables just as good as organic?  Then there is the environmental aspect and animal rights aspect, but those aren't as important to us as what we're putting in our bodies and our children's bodies, though it is a factor in deciding (and it's still important, of course).  Tim sees the animal rights debate in another light though: his perspective is that if people go to jail for dog fighting, then why aren't the industries getting in trouble for the way they treat animals?  I started watching Food, Inc. to see if it would be worth a family viewing, and I think it is!  It's just a start though, we have so much more research to do to figure it out.  Public Library, here I come!!

I got my baby back yesterday from the beach.  That little girl came back with some color on her!!  She was so pale and looked almost sick mostly due to seasonal allergies but the little beauty is making a comeback.  I really missed her.  So much in fact, that I made all of us cuddle last night.  Tim wasn't thrilled but he complied (secretly I know he was happy to have her here too).  She spent the 30 minutes before bedtime showing us all the shells she collected and the activities she played.  :)

Speaking of babies, I took a 17 week picture but it didn't turn out well so I'm not posting it.  I have found that I love to wear dresses right now.  I can't take this one off just yet, I adore it and it feels so good on my body.  I think I felt the little one moving last night, or something of the sort.  I've been feeling flutters (and I'm pretty sure it's not gas, maybe) and there was a stronger jab last night.  I also believe that my uterus is almost to my belly button but it isn't really sticking out much, maybe a back baby??  I hope not because that sounds like it hurts.

I'd like to post more on my relationship with Tim, and how we're adapting to each other but that will have to wait for now.  I promised him I would take his lunch to campus and eat with him.  Maybe we'll go in the newer Fee Glade and sit? :)

1 comment:

@Bytchenhotelgrl said...

If I remember right, 17 weeks is when I started to feel the flutter too. Charlotte was a "back baby" and I don't remember a lot of back pain, until the night before my water broke... just indigestion, a lot. LOL! I love reading about how things are progressing with you and yes, you do need to talk more about Tim... I feel like I hardly know the guy! LOL!