Thursday, April 14, 2011

I'm So Tired

I haven't ever really had a hard time sleeping before, normally I'm just fine and I thrive on 5 or so hours but dang... I wake up all the time throughout the night and now it takes a while before I can even fall asleep due to restless leg syndrome.  To top that off, I had the craziest baby dream last night, one that I won't share because it was too darn sad. Ugh, oh well.

Fortunately for me, I have been reading a friend/acquaintance's blog almost since she first made it and she is the biggest researcher on things to buy. She has inspired me to really think about a lot of things, even if I don't have the resources to implement them, i.e., better foods, baby stuff, green ideas.  She talks a lot about gDiapers, has for years, literally.  They are a "hybrid" diaper, so to speak.  I want to go with more of a cloth diaper for the rest of my babies and as of right now the best option is this wonderful gDiaper option (I have been obsessively comparing them to other brands for months!).  I can say this: I will not use disposables!  Not only are they not the best option for babies skin, they are way more expensive than cloth diapers and create too much waste.  To each her own though.  I used them with Sehara and never thought twice about it.  We have discovered that the cost for these diapers is a lot up front but compared to overall money spent on diapering, for all children, it's nothing. 

I can say that if anyone is looking for baby gift ideas, this is what I want...;)  {This being only one option as there are teeny, small, medium, and large size gpants too AND USED IS JUST AS GOOD).  They are really cool.  There is the gpant (sizes T, S, M, L) and a snap-in liner that goes with it (the liner is not plastic and is breathable for baby's bottom and it protects the gpant from getting wet/dirty).  There are three options for inserts (inserts absorb pee/ hold poo and lay on the liner): gcloth inserts (size S, M/L), the gflapper (more soft & natural cloth), and the disposable insert.  We plan on using 97.33% cloth, and using the disposable for traveling only.  I'm pretty excited about it.

Ok. 'Nuff about that.
My little brother Michael surprised me today.  He put on his facebook status that "whoever like this will get rated out of 100".  Not that anyone should be rated, but I liked it anyway.  He puts on my profile "100+". Aww!!  I adore my siblings so much.

No comments: