Monday, April 8, 2013

Family, Zoo, Driving, & Church

My little family and I went to Kentucky this past weekend. We picked Sehara up on the way down, from Carrollton and made it to Buckner.

Saturday morning, we went to the Louisville Zoo. We met up with our friend Josh and his daughter, Mira, and his family. Boy, has she grown! I love seeing my friends! My goal is to try to meet up with as many as I can, when I can.

The trip to the zoo confirmed that we do need to go ahead and purchase that double stroller I have been wanting. I'm even willing to put my single strollers in storage! (I love my babytrend jogging stroller) It's officially not just a want, but now it's a need. :D

We spent Saturday evening back at my parent's house. Went grocery shopping and made the best tacos and fajitas for dinner. We ate too many donuts, but had fun. Tim and Daniel took the shutter off the house and cleaned up. Daniel invited Tim to bowl (Daniel's on a bowling league) and they had a blast.

Sunday morning we hosed down the front porch and scrubbed the bricks and pebbled area right in front of the door. It felt great outside and we all just lounged around on the front porch while the kids played on the swingset.

We left a little before 3 and got stuck in stop and go traffic for over an hour and made it back to Fairborn and church 2 minutes before it started. Sehara packed in shoes (and left another pair in KY) in her duffel, Carson had gotten his shoes muddy and and wet his whole outfit. We were a mess when we pulled in the parking lot. But we made it!










3 comments:

@Bytchenhotelgrl said...

YAY! Glad you had a fun weekend!

Life Scraps and Patches said...

Love your friend goal!

Missy said...

I saw your pictures back when you posted on fb, but today is the first time I have read about them. I am glad you had a good time with your family. I know that you would like to live closer to them. I am glad you live so close to me. Too bad your family and mine don't live closer to one another. I agree that it is important to see and visit with many people. I love to meet up with friends whenever I can travel!