Thursday, March 21, 2013

Milk for Madeline

Little Addison was born the day before yesterday! March 19th, 2013! She was 8 pounds, 7 ounces and 20.5 inches long. She's adorable and has hair for miles. Kayt's relieved!

I had Madeline go to her Grandmother's house when we visited the hospital. I breastfeed exclusively, but I always wonder what would happen if something happened to me, or if I just want to be by myself for a longer while, what would she do? Carson had such a hard time drinking from a bottle when I needed him to and I just don't want Madeline to cry because she's hungry and doesn't know how to get milk from the bottle.

So I pump, often. I got a VERY nice breastpump from my mom and I sure put it to work. Plus, if I ever need to be away for a while, or I die, at least she would have a good amount to feed her for a bit.

Besides, I really don't want her to have a problem drinking out of a bottle. I actually fed her from a bottle yesterday. The milk was heated already and I had just got there, didn't want it to go to waste. When I got back, I pumped what she would have eaten. It's nice to see how much I produce at one sitting.

I wonder if the more I pump, the more weight I could lose? Not that I have lost any at all (with a great diet). 

No comments: