Wednesday, May 7, 2014

Summary of No Refined Sugar

I never posted about how we finished out the month with no refined sugar.

I may be able to keep this short and simple.

It was insightful and easily hard. We were able to do it without physical bodily problems, and it was beneficial. We felt good and we felt our bodies and how well they were working.

Socially, it was a killer. Not so much for me, because I can deal with it. Tim had a problem with not being able to socially eat with friends. And then he whined about it. Dealing with that was hard.

There was no way we could control what any of our kids ate when we weren't with them.

It was expensive. We literally spend every dime we had on healthy food. Frankly, that wasn't worth it. How sad is that? In order to have whole foods, you have to spend more money. It shouldn't be that way.

We finished successfully and immediately started suffering negative consequences once we started consuming sugar again (stomach aches, headaches...)

Will we do it again? I don't know. I just don't know.  We learned a lot and that was great. I would like to start heading to a Paleo diet or incorporate more of those recipes for our meals. I'd like to go vegetarian, just myself, but that's scary and I don't even know what that really means!

No comments: