Thursday, August 29, 2013

Easy Bow Tutorials {Links}

As promised, I'm writing about my favorite hair-bow tutorials. These are what got me started on making my own.
When I looked at these, I swear I didn't even know how to use a hot glue gun, that's how much of a beginner I was, so they are easy-peasy.

My first ever DIY bows were Simple Bow Hair Clips, minus the no-slip grip because that was too complicated. I made so many of these!

Source: Makeit-loveit.com

Perhaps the most important and helpful tutorial I've used for making my bows is this Tuxedo Hair Bow Tutorial! As many bows as I made for the simple hair clips above, I made three times as many of these. 
I got to where I was comfortable using bigger and smaller ribbon, fabric, and other materials. I'm not so good with still-picture instructions so I had to examine and get frustrated over it. In the end, it has turned out to be my most useful tutorial...for the hot glue gun. 

Source: Randomosityblog.com

Another great, but not as simple tutorial, that I LOVE is the Sequin Headband. It takes a lot of precision and patience, but it pays off. I made the heart and I've had requests to make stars and other shapes. Plus, it has bling to it. Every little girl needs some bling!

Source: Hellobee.com
My goal is to share my favorite felt bow tutorials next! 
-Jenni

No comments: