Monday, February 25, 2013

Well Spent Time

I went down to Kentucky for a total of a day. I have to say that it was one of the best days that I have had in a while. But let me add that life hasn't been horrible lately. I have been having a great time for a little while now. I have felt so loved and cherished. I mean, dang, my anniversary was this month and my birthday is a few days away.

There has to be something said for days when you have a quiet, fun, comfortable, non-rushed and non-stressed time. With your mom. That you have always had to share.

We had planned our day for a while. Pops watched Carson and we took Madeline. The madre bought me my freedom (breastpump) and accessories for it. It's kinda a big deal!

Madeline
I'm just starting to feel tired from the trip. It took only a little over 2 hours to get down and 3 hours to come back up. Carson screamed at me the whole way back to Ohio, causing Madeline to get upset. That wasn't fun. I have to say that it is so worth it. I'm sure people think I'm crazy to keep going back and forth to Kentucky all the time, but I can't express enough how important family is to me.

I have put a lot of my insecurities aside when it comes to anyone spending longer periods of time with my little kids and I've just done it. I feel bad that I don't have my kids all the time, but I can't deny the grandparents relationships with these awesome kids that I have. I also need a little break now and again.

1 comment:

Life Scraps and Patches said...

That Madeline pictue is amazing!