Sunday, November 18, 2012

38 Weeks

Here I am at 38 weeks and I know that I have one week left, maximum. Truth is, she can't stay in there any longer than that or we risk having a stillborn baby and I just can't have that.  It's been a hard week of reality.  It's been a really hard week to realize that my body has failed to do what it's naturally supposed to do.
It's just been hard.

Fortunately, our little girl is okay, she stopped growing a while ago and she's supposed to be pretty small when she comes out but she's doing good. I seriously hope her size doesn't affect breastfeeding, because I have big plans for that. My doctor and a friend confirmed to me that small size means she'll fly right on out and I won't say nary a negative word on that.

Actually, I am going to have a sit down with my doctor tomorrow about what to expect during labor and delivery on Sunday. Avoiding a C-section isn't my second goal (with getting this baby out safely being my main goal and number one priority). I don't even know if it will be a big deal to be honest, I could be working myself up for nothing here, but I would still like to know what he thinks.

Fortunately, we have a big family and it'll be even bigger come next Sunday.

38 Weeks, Baby #3
My sister-in-law's birthday is the following day, so she may just get a little muffin for a present, if labor takes as long as it did with Carson.

By the end of today, I have felt much better emotionally, tired physically, and I've had some pains here and there. That could be a good thing. My tailbone is all out of whack and the heartburn has been incredibly obnoxious. I basically have to lay around all day, eat too much, and drink like water is going out of style; that's my prescription.

Carson isn't making it easy, because he's 1 and everyday is a new adventure. He's been teething and it's driving me up a wall. Screaming, whining, drooling, biting, some fever and runny poo rules his life.  Oh, and get this: he gets hungry for real food. Shut the front door. He cried for 20 minutes one day last week before I realized that he wanted food (because he slept through lunch time and I had already forgotten about it). Won't make that mistake again.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

U r in my prayers. Everything will work out. Look how little Seth was n how he grew. They have some much u can do as in breast feeding.

Missy said...

The constant demand for food was the toughest thing for me to get use to when I got my sister's children. I can understand your plight. I continue to pray for you all.

Missy said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Missy said...

It took me FOREVER to leave a comment. I did not realize I was suppose to type in the number showing in the picture. DUH! Technology changes too fast for this old girl.

Jenni Pugh said...

:) I don't even remember to eat! lol

I remember, Nessa. You had him very early, too. This one stopped around 35 weeks, so that's not horrible.!