Saturday, September 10, 2011

39 Weeks

Tim holding Zach
39 Weeks
Stretch Marks on the war path
Yes, I am still pregnant.  Seems to be a running theme these days.  Literally, the most annoying thing about still being pregnant is everyone asking me where my baby is.  Isn't it obvious?  He's still in my uterus, which is connected to my vagina, so thanks for asking.  My mom says it's just because everyone is anxious and stuff.  REALLY?  I don't really care.  I seriously want to skip church tomorrow because that's all the crap I'm going to hear.  I honestly don't know when his birthday will be and I still have at least another week before I am even due. 
Our cousins, Jeanine and Adam, had Zachary Pugh on Friday morning, 8:20 a.m.  He weighed in at 8 pounds, 2.4 ounces and 20 inches long.  An adorable butterball if I do say so myself.  That picture of Tim with a baby is his first time holding a newborn.  Just wait until this one is 5 minutes old, that'll be even newer for him to hold.  He was scared, scared I tell ya, to hold him.  Didn't want to be the one to drop him... 
I don't have much pain to complain about!  I do get horrible Braxton-Hicks if my bladder is remotely filled or if I have to poop.  I weigh a ton, literally, and I'm getting more "swallowed a watermelon" comments.  My old stretch marks are stretching further and getting red at the tips.  That saddens me but I know that after I have all my kids I am so getting that fixed.  Tim and I have agreed that if it's important enough for me to want a better looking belly, then it's worth the investment.  Once again, AFTER all of our babies are birthed.  I'll lose the weight of course, so there will be no need for that liposuction that usually goes with a tummy tuck.  I just need the loose skin off.  I don't even care much for some stretch marks remaining as long as that skin is clipped!!
All of the cloth diapers we have are finally washed and put away.  We decided to use the disposable until they are gone, then start in on our cloth.  We did take a few packs of disposables back to the store because they are pretty expensive and we wanted other things more.  We wouldn't even be able to go with cloth if it wasn't for Missy, Tim's mom.  She has basically bought all of them, and they aren't cheap.  But then, we wouldn't have been able to afford getting disposables every other week. We came out on top in this particular situation.
I'm eager to see if I have made any progress with my cervix this week.  Tim told me in the car today that he thought maybe because I had to get induced with Sehara that my body didn't learn how to go into labor naturally.  To be honest, I have thought that myself, but I never connected that thought with "me".  I thought it about other women who would just go get induced as soon as the doctor gave the green flag and didn't give their bodies time.  I am not an expert at all, just a passing thought.
Anywho, I am totally drooling over Nora Robert's "Gallaghers of Ardmore trilogy" and I think I'll get back to the second book. 

1 comment:

Holly H said...

LoL yep, pretty obvious where you are hiding him!! i hope he comes as soon as he's ready! And I don't think you body will fail you, it'll go into labor. I let them give me pitosin (sp) in the hospital w. Eli and it was awful bc after being told 'the 2nd one's always faster' (abby's birth was 6 hrs...) but Eli's was 18 hours!! I wish they wouldn't have kept pushing me to have the pitosin bc 18 hrs with no pain meds sucked. Enjoy your peace and calm lady, congrats on your cute lil family :)
**im 'studying' and saw ur blog link on FB lol thought i'd comment & say hi! lol