Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Here it Goes, Again...

If you aren't used to my angry blog posts, then you may not want to read this. Actually, if you have read one of them, you may  not want to read this...

I've tried to take a step back from all these different situations and look at them objectively, but that's bull crap. You can't do that.

I used to curse, a lot. Then I became mormon and stopped, except for the occasional slip up. When I stopped being mormon, I barely cursed at all.  There was no need for it, I had learned my lesson and I grew up. I am insinuating that cursing comes with immaturity, yes. This is going somewhere, trust me.  When I met Tim I knew he was a keeper by a lot of different things, one of them being his lack of using profanity.  I admired that.  Unfortunately, I do have a really bad habit of letting them loose when I am so livid that I just can't take it anymore.  That's lack of self control.

It takes a lot to control what comes out of your mouth when you're beyond mad, and not just those words, also things that may be hurtful...  I still do curse when I get to that point, but not even close to what it was even a year ago. I JUST GET SO MAD.  I'll own up to it.

In my mind, that doesn't justify making it okay to curse in front of my children, ever.  I used to, but I'm a better person now.

Anyway, I got called the big "B" word in front of my husband, Sehara, and Carson on Sunday.  It was definitely not called for and that girl was completely wrong.  Look, I own up to my crap and I'll apologize when I know I'm wrong, but I wasn't wrong in this situation.  I was trying to teach Sehara shopping cart etiquette (I made that up) and I was telling her to say "excuse me" when we got in the way or needed to go around someone.

Ugh. I had just put Carson back in the cart in his carseat, Tim had just gotten off work, and Sehara had one hand on the side (we are still on that phase...) and we were rounding the corner. This girl about my age with a guy around the same age clearly sees us and almost runs into us.  She had the "You move out of my way" tattitude. I said the "excuse me" and "oh, I'm sorry" and she gives me the dirtiest look, ever.  Okay.  So I said "Wow, thanks for being rude". 

"You're the rude one, B___"

Uh-uh.  I whipped around and yelled at her that "I was the one that said I was sorry" and she kept walking. Chicken.  Look, I don't go out looking for fights, but I won't stand for that ish.  That pissed me off soooo badly.  What a skank.  I tried to play it off like she probably had a bad day because she was looking raunchy before we almost collided.

The biggest problem that I had with it was she did it in front of Sehara and Sehara caught it and asked me if I had heard "that girl call you the b word, I can't believe she did that" all night long.

I firmly believe that you should move out of the way for the elderly, for handicapped people (fat people don't count) and people who are pregnant and/or have babies with them.  I do it and I expect that other people should do it, too.  I'm sick of inconsiderate people.  I've absolutely had enough.

2 comments:

Fred said...

You handled it well Jenni!

Anonymous said...

I would've had hubby take the kiddos and go down a different aisle and I would've taken the cart where I could turn another corner where she was and ram the cart straight into the 'B'. Okay, maybe not,,,lol Though, after being called a Bitch I would've probably fired back with 'skank' or something along the lines of it.

Another thing that annoys me and I try to teach my kids with shopping is that when you get to the end of an aisle, you stop, just like you would if you were driving, and look both ways before turning. It annoys the crap out of me when people don't do that and almost hit us, especially when Matthew's in the cart.